Who are we?
Primephonic is a digital music start-up that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. With the best 100% classical music streaming service we are reinventing the digital classical music experience and reigniting a global passion for the genre.
Classical music lovers are currently heavily underserved in the digital space. We are changing this by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalog, the highest audio quality and the best search in the industry. At the same time, we pay out classical artists in a fair way.
Primephonic launched its streaming service (Android, iOS and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands this Fall. Our global expansion has been planned for Summer 2019. Based in Amsterdam, with a commercial office in New York City, our rapidly growing team is home to a growing team of 30 passionate professionals of ten different nationalities.
Primephonic is developing the most extensive and accurate classical music streaming catalog in the world. The unique nature of classical music requires us to codify the recorded compositions and create a distinguished database of the respective composers, works and artists. As truly enjoying classical music goes beyond listening, we are looking for a detail-oriented and hands-on team member to help us on our mission.
As our Catalog Assistant you will be processing classical music metadata to bring the beauty of classical music information to life within our streaming apps. On a daily basis, you will be keeping an eye out for our QA reports and edit the metadata of the newly released recordings that have been ingested to our platform. You will be creating artist and composer repertoire pages and will conduct web research to ensure that the catalog is up-to-date with the latest information in the classical music industry.
Primephonic strongly believes in a fair payout model towards artists and composers alike. You will play an important role in ensuring that our licensing deals are accurately translated within our music catalog and streamed usage to facilitate royalty reporting. For example, the permissions for the track to be made available per region, at the said release date, and with publisher information, has to be reflected precisely on our streaming apps. As our Catalog Assistant you will be working in the heart of our classical music streaming service, reporting to the Head of Catalogue and working together with our Music Information Retrieval Specialist, the team leader, and a team of musicologists.
Who are you?
You do have strong knowledge of classical music and clear understanding of the challenges of the classical music industry. Ideally, you have an educational background in musicology and/or data related study
Min. 1-2 years of experience within an editorial role, or having worked with large amounts of data, is a plus!
A self-motivated and hands-on problem solver who is unafraid of working in large data sets
You have a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload with impeccable follow-through capabilities
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Ideally, you have experience in working with DDEX standard and Contentful
You enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment full of music lovers!
● You will play a vital role in shaping the future of classical music in the digital space
● You will get full insights in the world of streaming services and music metadata
● You will be part of one of the Music Ally’s top ten most disruptive music start-ups to watch
● We are a purpose driven organization: our product makes people truly happy
● You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team of over 20 music lovers from 10 different countries
● Dedicated workspace and MacBook with accessories
● Trendy office space along The Knowledge Mile of Amsterdam, close to city centre
● Positive and fun office vibe with regular masterclasses, monthly team outings & strategy sessions offsite, fresh cooked lunch and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
● Good compensation and a contribution to a pension scheme
● 25 days of paid holidays per year
● 8% holiday allowance
● Last but not least a free subscription to the Primephonic app!